Top Tobacco quotes from Mark Twain

Monday, March 14, 2011 5:01 AM By dwi

Mark Twain was famous for respiration cigars, however he also enjoyed a beatific pipe.

I am trusty that he would hit a aggregation to feature most the limiting of freedoms in USA regarding the respiration bans, etc. Then again he had a aggregation to feature most most things didn't he?

How well I advert my grandmother's asking me not to use tobacco, beatific older soul! She said, "You're at it again, are you, you whelp? Now, don't ever let me grownup you chewing tobacco before breakfast again, or I place I'll blacksnake you within an inch of your life!" I hit never touched it at that distance of the farewell from that instance to the inform day. - "History Repeats Itself"

I hit prefabricated it a rule never to respiration more that one cigar at a time.

Giving up respiration is the easiest abstract in the world. I undergo because I've done it thousands of times.

It is lax and parched and black, and looks same tea-grounds. When the blast is practical it expands, and climbs up and towers above the pipe, and presently tumbles off exclusive of one's vest. The tobacco itself is cheap, but it raises the insurance. - "Concerning Tobacco"

 

 

Suggested by the author:
  • Mark Twain on writing: Fiction is obligated to follow to possibilities. Truth isn't
  • Mark Twain on the genuine continuance of travel
  • Mark Twain, favoritism and Huckleberry Finn
  • Mark Twain: Turn of the century Tweeter?

Source

0 comments:

Post a Comment